Schock (1977)



So, I have discovered that mentally, I am in a very retro mood and needed to continue down that road. After searching through some of my services, I decided on the 1977 Mario Bava entry Schock (AKA Shock and Beyond the Door II).


Plot/ A couple is terrorized in their new house haunted by the vengeful ghost of the woman's former husband who possesses her young son.


I love the work of Mario Bava and the entire Italian horror scene of the 1970s and this film is one of the reasons. Although it had been years since I watched it the first time, Shock continues to build on me. This film cries atmosphere and offers an interesting storyline that offers some decent twists. The performances from the minimalistic cast are solid and as usual, Bava delivers some incredible technical work and the ending is one that I truly enjoyed. Yes, some of the effects and gore may feel dated and it may feel somewhat predictable and ordinary by today’s standards, but those are but minor flaws within this film. In the end, there are enough elements inside this one to keep every fan of classic Italian horror satisfied. Sure, it is not perfect, but really, what movie is? Not only is this a good movie, with it being Bava’s last film, it is definitely a must see. Find it and check it out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)