Salem Witch Trials (2002)



After watching Witchery yesterday before practice, I found myself in a witchcraft mood last night when I got home. So, I did what I always do, and turned to my streaming services to find something that would help quench my appetite. I eventually settled on the 2002 entry Salem Witch Trials for my journey into the occult and witchcraft.


Plot/ A masterful work accurately details the current consensus of what exactly occurred to prompt the colonial witch trials.


This was another movie (mini series) that I somehow missed during my time in the Navy. In fact, when I saw it last night, I thought it was a documentary. I am excited that it wasn’t. What I found was an entertaining journey into the times of the Salem Witch Trials, one of the historical events that helped shape my interests as I have grown older. The ensemble cast led by Shirley MacLaine and Kirstie Alley was tremendous and the performances definitely were in harmony with the dark storyline. The cinematography was outstanding, the storyline was layered, and the entertainment and educational value really came together. While the film does have a drawn out feel, because it was a miniseries, that was to be expected. In the end, the story of the Salem Witch Trials and the hysteria that overtook society is something that can never be forgotten in our history. It is part of the fabric of our Nation and demonstrates what can happen when greed and panic become one. This may not be perfect, but it is a story (and movie) that must be seen and remembered. If you have not watched it, find it on Amazon and check it out.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)