Grey Lady (2017)



As I kick back and prepare myself for a trip to Columbus for the softball world series event, I can’t help but try to push my mind elsewhere (although, I may try my hand at another 10-minute play). To keep my mind occupied, I decided to watch the 2017 mystery/thriller Grey Lady.


Plot/ A Boston police officer goes to Nantucket to investigate the murder of his partner, but he finds more than he bargained for.


I was in the mood for a mystery last night when I went to Family Video and I decided on this one. While I am usually a huge fan of slow burn mysteries or thrillers, this one really did nothing for me. Yes, the cinematography was outstanding, some of the performances were solid, and the scripting with the snippets of classic poetry and prose mixed in was a positive surprise, the overall feel just left me feeling like something was missing. The storyline, though interesting, felt underdeveloped, the identities of the murderers was somewhat predictable, and the movie lacked the tension or atmosphere one would expect in this type of mystery/thriller. In the end, I am sure there will be people that disagree with my interpretation of the film, but honestly, I cannot recommend this one at all. If you are really into mystery/thrillers, you can give it a shot, but be warned.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)