Here Alone (2016)



Lately, after finishing After the Static, I have stayed away from the realm of zombies. After spending months writing about them, I needed a break. With that book in the design process (and due out soon), I figured it was time to jump back into the arena (plus, my streak of subpar flicks needed to end). With that in mind, I decided on the 2016 zombie flick Here Alone for my next flick.


Plot/ A young woman struggles to survive on her own in the wake of a mysterious epidemic that has killed much of society and forced her deep into the unforgiving wilderness.


After my streak of subpar movies, I decided to jump back into something that I love: zombie flicks. I love that genre because to me there is potential with them that they can usually offer a viewer something different. This entry may be more of a slow burn drama than an all-out action flick, but it delivered. This was extremely realistic and focused more on the other side of the realm with the characters instead of the blood and gore of the outbreak. The atmosphere works, the cinematography sound, and the performances are solid. Yes, this one does lack the action and gore that many zombie fans prefer, but to me, that is what makes this film work. If the zombie apocalypse did break out, would you really be out there slaying them? Probably not, instead, you would be trying to save yourself by any means possible; and that is what makes this film resonate so well. In the end, if you are for all-out action, this one isn’t for you. But, if you like well thought out and atmospheric entries in the realm of zombies, give this one a chance, you will be surprised.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)