Assassin's Creed (2016)



After suffering through two movies that did nothing for me, I decided to roll the dice for some action. After some debate, I decided to breakdown and check out the 2016 video game inspired Assassin's Creed. 


Plot/ When Callum Lynch explores the memories of his ancestor Aguilar and gains the skills of a Master Assassin; he discovers he is a descendant of the secret Assassins society.


Not being a gamer, I decided to give this a shot with no idea of what to expect. What I found was something that was confusing and disjointed. The character development was uneven to non-existent making it extremely difficult to relate to the characters, the scripting was difficult to understand, and for me, there was not enough of the movie taking place inside of the historical eras that drew me in from the box/trailers. Yes, the effects were solid and some of the performances worked, but those were not enough to save this one. In the end, this is a movie that I could have passed on. Maybe it was more for fans of the game, but it wasn’t for me.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)