Incarnate (2016)



I know that I have been neglecting the blog over the past couple weeks as I worked on finishing my first fiction novel After the Static. Last night, I finally finished with the final edits and it is about to head to the copy editor. To ease my way back into the blog, I decided to head to Family Video and pick something up. After some searching, I decided on the 2016 possession flick Incarnate.


Plot/ A scientist with the ability to enter the subconscious minds of the possessed must save a young boy from the grips of a demon with powers never seen before while facing the horrors of his past.



I went to Family Video last night in hopes of finding something that could serve as a perfect counter for the work I have been doing and when I grabbed this one, I was interested but also skeptical. What I found is a movie that was much better than I expected. For me, possession films are usually hit or miss, following a common formula that has been played out way too many times over the past few decades. In this case, I found the storyline somewhat original and featured some solid performances, decent effects, and amazingly stayed away from the many of the clichés that ruin the genre. Yes, the ending felt a bit forced and there were a few pacing issues that made the movie feel uneven, but those were minor flaws that did not really take anything away from the overall entertainment. In the end, this was one of the better possession-themed films to come out in some time. If you like that genre give it a shot, you could do much worse.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)