End of Days (1999)



Having watched a wide variety of flick over the past few days, I wanted to get back to something closer to my After the Static project. While that is zombie/outbreak themed, there are some religious/apocalyptic overtones inside the book. With that in mind, I decided to watch the 1999 action/horror flick End of Days.  


Plot/ At the end of the century, Satan visits New York in search of a bride. It's up to an ex-cop who now runs an elite security outfit to stop him.


I remember seeing this when it came out and even after watching it again, I can say that my initial thoughts will still ring true: viewers will either love or hate this film. Really, there is no in between, especially with the religious overtones that are woven throughout the movie. For me, this was an entertaining flick that I still find intriguing. The storyline, while uneven, is interesting, the performances and effects are decent, and the dark cinematography works well with the soundtrack and the theme of the movie. Yes, some of the characterizations could have been darker, some of the scriptings were uneven, and it was highly implausible, but that is what makes movies like this engaging. In the end, this one will be polarizing due to many different factors including actors, religious beliefs, and tone; but, at the end of the day, it is just a fun and mindless good versus evil flick that should be seen.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)