Alive (1993)



While I spent some time working on finalizing the re-release of Walking Before Dawn after the edits, I decided to take a break from the blog. With some time on hand today, I decided to jump back in with a review of a movie I caught the other day: 1993s Alive.


Plot/ A Uruguayan rugby team stranded in the snow swept Andes are forced to use desperate measures to survive after a plane crash.


I have to admit, watching Alive again so many years after watching it in the theater definitely changed my perspective of it. Honestly, everything that I did not like or thought it lacked seemed to be in place this time around. This is one of the best true story adaptations I have seen and it is a great film to watch. The cast was wonderful with outstanding performances across the board, the cinematography was amazing, the story both bleak and uplifting, and the soundtrack was a perfect vessel to create the chilling tone of the movie. Yes, it did lack some emotion and felt subdued in some parts, but that is nitpicking. In the end, this is a great film and a movie that should weigh on your mind long after watching it. Check it out.   


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)