Conspiracy Theory (2016)



I took last night off from the blog to kick back and relax. Sure, I was watching some things, but honestly did not feel like spending time at the computer typing. One of the movies I watched was the 2016 found footage mockumentary Conspiracy Theory.


Plot/ While filming in southern Nevada, a television crew discovers a terrifying truth lurking beneath the waters of Lake Mead.


When I saw this at Family Video, I was somewhat excited about the concept. Unfortunately, this excitement did not last throughout the film. What I found was nothing like the premise that I expected, yes, it was a parody and did have some laughable moments, for the most part, it felt too contrived and fell flat. The performances were extremely uneven, and much of the storyline was not memorable and made even less sense. True, some of the cinematography was outstanding and with an ultra-low budget, the film is well made and could have been a lot worse, but those were the best parts of the film. In the end, this one is not memorable in any way and I would not recommend paying for it. Be warned.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)