Krampus: The Reckoning (2015)



I cannot believe that tomorrow will be New Years Eve. Looking back, I sucked at keeping up with the blog this year as I battled school, work, and the daughters’ softball schedule. Maybe next year, I will do a better job. Since we are still in the holiday season, I decided to watch another seasonal horror flick, the 2015 no-budget entry, Krampus: The Reckoning.


Plot/ Zoe is a strange little girl, with a not so imaginary friend the Krampus who is the dark companion of kindly old St. Nicholas. The Krampus has been unleashed upon a small town and the legendary demon will seek out all the naughty people to punish them at Christmas time. No one is safe as the Krampus hunts them down, tortures them, and then drags their helpless souls to the depths of hell.


Knowing this was a low budget flick, I went into it expecting the majority of flaws that are usually abound in this arena, and of course, they were there. Even with that, I have to admit that I actually enjoyed the plot and storyline, which while it was sprinkled with some clichéd moments, flashed at least a touch of originality. Yes, it is far from a perfect movie, as there were some pacing issues, uneven performances, and some head scratching moments with the scripting/scenes, but as I alluded to earlier, those were expected, as they are usually present in low budget flicks. In the end, this may not be a great movie, but it is not as terrible as some may say. If you love no-budget horror cinema and can overlook some of the budgetary issues, you may find some late night holiday cheer.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)