Dark Places (2015)



After spending a good chunk of my weekend in a world with some alien and UFO themed movies, I decided that I needed to go into a different direction with one of my movie selections. Wanting something darker, I eventually decided on the 2015 mystery/thriller Dark Places.


Plot/ Libby Day was only eight years old when her family was brutally murdered in their rural Kansas farmhouse. Almost thirty years later, she agrees to revisit the crime and uncovers the wrenching truths that led up to that tragic night.


Because this was based on a book by the author of Gone Girl, I was excited, as that was one of the more stimulating flicks I have seen. While this movie is not quite at that level, it does take on an interesting topic and era (the satanic craze of the 1980s). Built as a layered whodunit, there is a lot to like; featuring a solid cast, some awesome performances, intriguing storyline, and an overall unbelievable storyline. Sure, the ending does feel a little forced and anticlimactic, but that in no way should impact whether or not you pick this one up. In the end, this may not be Gone Girl, but it is a solid mystery/thriller that needs to be seen.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)