Honeymoon (2014)



After taking a couple days off to get in some fishing with the opening of trout season, a ton of homework in my world building class, and my goal of completing NaPoWriMo drowning my creativity, it was finally time to get back into the swing of the blog. While I have a few movies I still want to see, I finally got a chance to catch one that has seemed interesting in different trailers I see, 2014s Honeymoon.


Plot/ Young newlyweds Paul and Bea travel to remote lake country for their honeymoon. Shortly after arriving, Paul finds Bea wandering and disoriented in the middle of the night. As she becomes more distant and her behavior increasingly peculiar, Paul begins to suspect something more sinister than sleepwalking took place in the woods.


When I finally sat down to watch this, what I found was not what I was expecting. Is that a bad thing? Not in this case, in fact, this slow-building horror flick does a great job at developing the layered storyline in a methodical way that allows the atmosphere to build. To pull this off, the performances had to be great with such a small cast, and they were. Between the outstanding performances, building tension, and an interesting story, this one had just the right mixture to be successful. Yes, the dialog was a touch uneven, and there were some head-scratching moments, but those did little to bring this film down. In the end, this is an entertaining trip into the woods that is better than a lot of the larger budgeted films in the genre. If you have not seen it, check it out!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)