The Last House on Cemetery Lane (2015)



The weather has been insane today. Snow, sleet, now rain, with a forecast to change back to snow and ice, at least, I was able to make it to lunch with dad to celebrate our birthdays. It was an awesome time, and it was my treat, so he enjoyed it even more. Now that I am home, it has been a slow afternoon, but I did catch a low budget supernatural entry (based on a true story?)  that will make my next review: the 2015 flick, The Last House on Cemetery Lane.


Plot/ A screenwriter staying in an old manor house in West Wales discovers that it's haunted by malevolent spirits.


Every once in a while I stumble upon a low budget entry that is better than I expected it to be when I picked it up. I realize that with this type of movie, there are often flaws that are inherent to them, and I expect them and will not totally discard a movie just because of them. In this case, while some of those were present, it did a good job at overcoming the damage. The acting is decent with a small cast of relatively unknown actors, the storyline worked (even with some clichéd moments), and the soundtrack fit the storyline. Yes, there were some questionable cinematic moments with the camerawork, the pacing was slow, and some of the effects were a touch uneven, but those elements did not totally ruin this film. In the end, this movie was better than I expected and definitely helped pass a dreary Saturday afternoon. Sure, it is not perfect, but for a low budget entry, it could have been a lot worse.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)