The Conspiracy (2012)



To all my avid readers, I want to apologize for my brief hiatus. Between starting college again, car troubles and an extremely busy schedule, I needed some time away from the computer. Now, I am back, refreshed and ready to roll. Now with the weekend upon us, it was time to get back at it. Next flick up for review, The Conspiracy from 2012. 


Plot/ A documentary about conspiracy theories takes a horrific turn after the filmmakers uncover an ancient and dangerous secret society.


I went into this with zero expectations. I had never heard of it and was interested in seeing it as soon as I read the synopsis. What I found was better than I would have expected from the budget. The storyline is believable (especially to a devout tin foil hat wearer), the acting works, and more importantly this could be based on a true story. Yes, some of the pacing is off early on and some uneven atmosphere, but when everything picks up, it ties everything together. In the end, this thriller is one of the better ones I have seen in some time and one that is extremely effective and thought provoking. If like me, you are a conspiracy theorist, check this one out, you shouldn’t be disappointed. Hell, even if you shy away from conspiracies, give it a go, you too should find it entertaining.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)