Gothic (1986)



Every once in a while, I enjoy venturing back into the 1980s to find a classic film I enjoyed during my teenage years. While many discount that decade, there was some great cinema created, especially in the horror genre. One of my favorites from that decade is my next selection; the 1986 entry Gothic. 


Plot/ This is the story of the night that Mary Shelley gave birth to the horror classic "Frankenstein." Disturbed drug induced games are played and ghost stories are told one rainy night at the mad Lord Byron's country estate. 


Ken Russell’s Gothic is one of my favorite movies from the 1980s. Atmospheric, dark, and intriguing, this interpretation of how the classic Frankenstein came to life is an interesting flick. The acting is solid, the script is entertaining and the storyline comes to life on the screen with its stunning imagery. Yes, it does have some incoherent moments, pacing issues and may be a bit complex in many areas, but those flaws are extremely minor. In the end, if you enjoy surreal horror that provides some food for thought, you must see this film. Not for everyone, this is an entertaining flick that offers a stimulating story as to how a horror icon was created. 

Comments

  1. Hey, I found your blog while looking for a picture for an older, low-budget horror film. I run a similar blog of movie reviews and was wondering if you would be interested in some traffic sharing/cross-linking. Here's my blog: www.ludumu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would love to, let me know what you would like to do.

      Delete
    2. Hello again. Sorry it took so long to get back to you. I see you're still blogging about movies and I'm doing the same so I put a link to your blog on mine. It's in the "links" section in the right column. If you want to put a link to my blog on yours, that would be cool.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)