The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones (2013)



Three of my daughters have been heckling me to watch some type of family-friendly Sci-Fi or Horror flick. While there are some out there, finding one that would appeal to three diverse ideologies and keep me even somewhat interested is a challenge. After some debate with the wife, i decided to give The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones a shot. 


Plot/ When her mother disappears, Clary Fray learns that she descends from a line of warriors who protect our world from demons. She joins forces with others like her and heads into a dangerous alternate New York called Downworld.


While I have never read the books and have no idea of the overall storyline of the series (honestly, I could care less), I will say that this movie is one of the better series flicks that the daughters have brought into the house. The acting was decent, the action sequences were outstanding and there was enough flow to keep things moving. Sure, there was little to no character development and the story felt compressed, but it was not terrible.  In the end, this one was not perfect, but it was a decent Sci-Fi / Fantacy flick that my daughters could watch. Sure, it was not my cup of tea , but it was not meant for me. Most importantly, although I would not watch it again, I did feel it was better than the sparkling vampires of Twilight. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)