Exorcist: The Beginning (2004)



What is my favorite movie of all time? For some of you that answer should be easy; for other, maybe not. Yes, I do love no-budget horror and slashers, and yes, Jason Voorhees is one of my favorite characters, but my favorite movie is not one of those. Sure, some might find it cliché, but honestly, this is one movie that made a lasting impression on me in my youth. That movie is The Exorcist. Of course, there were other films in that series, and incredibly, I have ignored them on here. So, to start catching up on the franchise is Exorcist: The Beginning.


Plot/ Years before Father Lancaster Merrin helped save Regan MacNeil's soul, he first encounters the demon Pazuzu in East Africa. This is the tale of Father Merrins’ initial battle with Pazuzu and the rediscovery of his faith.


In this prequel for the classic flick The Exorcist, there is a lot to like. However, this movie is often discounted and forgot. Sure, there is the controversy between this version and Dominion, but this is a decent movie. With the Exorcist being my favorite movie of all time, I love this back story and feel they created an atmospheric movie that had some solid effects, decent acting and detailed storyline. Sure, some of the scripting was off, there were some pacing issues and the ending felt a tad rushed, but it was still entertaining. In the end, this may not be the best prequel to ever come about, but it is better than many give it credit for. If you have not seen it, watch it. If you have seen it in the past, revisit it, this one may surprise you!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)