The Killer Shrews (1959)



As my week wound down at the institute, I decided on my drive that I was heading to Family Video to grab some stuff for the weekend. One flick I decided on is a sequel, a movie over 50-years in the making. Before I get to that one, I decided to revisit the original and enjoy some of cheesy 1950s horror. What is the movie? It is the 1959 schlockfest The Killer Shrews.


Plot/ On an isolated island, a small group of people are terrorized by giant voracious shrews in the midst of a hurricane.



Cheesy B-Grade horror flicks of the 1950s are always a mixed bag and this one is no different. Yes, it is bad, complete with laughable effects and a campy storyline that is often incoherent at best. However, this fun and entertaining schlockfest has some awesome characters and decent acting. Sure, it is far from perfect and truly let down by the budget and direction, but it is a fun let-down.  In the end, this movie is one of the more entertaining no-budget thrillers of the era. If you love this type of flick and can get past the low-budget and absurd special effects, you should enjoy it.   Check it out!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)