Curse of Chucky (2013)



After watching Amnesiac last night, I decided that I wanted to venture into some classic horror characters for the rest of the night. After some debate inside my head, I figured that I could give Chucky another shot. Sure, some of the sequels were horrid, but that character has always been awesome. With that in mind, I decided on the 2013 entry Curse of Chucky.


Plot/ After her mother's mysterious death, Nica begins to suspect that the talking, red-haired doll her visiting niece has been playing with may be the key to recent bloodshed and chaos.


For the longest time, I was convinced that the Child's Play model and Chucky had run its course. However, after watching this installment, I was wrong. This movie is one of the best in the series and one that should have received more attention. The storyline was interesting, the soundtrack spot on, the atmosphere is heavy and Chucky is at his best. The special effects are notably good, as they allowed for a tremendous of depth inside many different kills. Yes, some of the acting may have been too rigid to make this a perfect flick, but it is all rather good. In the end, this may be the best installment of the series since the original and makes some of the duds even more forgettable. Sure, this entertaining flick is not for everyone, but it should be. Check it out!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)