Horsemen (2009)



With the last movie that I watched being Sharknado, I decided I had to find something a touch more serious to watch. This was a bit of a challenge, as I spent most of my Friday night at the best high school football game I have seen in Fayette County in a long time. On top of that, my daughters’ band rocked halftime! After knocking out my Steelers 101 piece and relaxing, I decided upon the 2009 mystery Horsemen.


Plot/ Aidan Breslin is a bitter detective emotionally distanced from his two young sons following the untimely death of his devoted wife. While investigating a series of murders of rare violence, he discovers a terrifying link between a chain of murders and the Biblical prophecies concerning the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse: War, Famine, Pestilence, and Death.


When I saw this, the premise sounded interesting and for the most part, it was somewhat interesting. However, while there were some interesting moments, it was predictable and rather cliché. The storyline never developed as much as it could and the characterization lacked depth, something that could have added a lot to the flick. The editing was disjointed and much of acting felt stale. There were some visuals that were good, and the Book of Revelations sub-text is always enjoyable, but there was really nothing in here that made it standout. In the end, it is not the worse flick in the genre, but it is really not worth watching.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)