The Innkeepers (2011)



After a night of murders and strange killers, it was time to find something a bit different for my pre-Father’s Day viewing. While I could have watched SyFy for an evening with one of their crazy creature features, I decided to find something a bit more believable. With that in mind, I decided on the Ti West paranormal flick The Innkeepers.


Plot/ During the final days at the Yankee Pedlar Inn, two employees determined to reveal the hotel's haunted past begin to experience disturbing events as old guests check in for a stay.


It had been some time since I watched a solid ghost story. I am tired of all the hand-cam or found footage stuff; I wanted just a sound spooky flick like the ones from my youth. Guess what, that is exactly what this one is. This is just one of the straightforward, slowly paced, flicks with just enough creepiness to keep your attention throughout. Sure, the flick may lack an abundance of scares, and there is no gore, but it is a tremendous story and would be a perfect flick for dark and rainy night. This Ti West flick is not for everyone, as the pacing is slow and it did not totally capitalize on the atmosphere that was ripe for the taking, but it is well worth watching.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)