Grindstone Road (2008)



I am all about a supernatural ghost story. Ever since I was young, growing up in a haunted house, I have loved everything and anything paranormal related.  Honestly, I love researching the paranormal, investigating the paranormal and living in the paranormal. I also like watching flicks with actress Fairuza Balk, there is just something about her look that intrigues me. Therefore, when I saw Grindstone Road at Family Video, I had to rent it.  


Plot/ A few months ago Hannah Sloan was in a horrible car accident, leaving her son Daniel in an extended coma. Soon after moving in to their new home Hannah begins witnessing strange and mysterious occurrences, is Hannah losing her mind, or are there supernatural forces at work?


Supernatural ghost stories are usually interesting. Ever since I was young, and experienced the strange feelings that can pop up in a somewhat haunted area, I really try to absorb the cinematic view and compare it to my reality. Some are good, some have too much hand-can action, and some just fall flat. This one is in that category. Honestly, there is nothing here to make it memorable, it is just the typical, clichéd and dull supernatural ghost story. More thriller than horror, there is no nudity, gore or true scares. In fact, it just plods along and ends up being too predictable to create a lasting atmosphere. In the end, this is just another low-budget ghost story that fails to create anything new, stay away.


Comments

  1. Attn: HBA Members,

    "The Horror Blogger Alliance" is having a "Give Blood [Money]" Drive,
    March 10th to April 1st 2012, for
    more details: http://horrorbloggeralliance.blogspot.com/

    Thank You,
    Jeremy [Retro-Zombie]
    http://izombielover.blogspot.com/
    HBA Curator

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)