The Tunnel (2011)



Finally, time to review the final movie I picked up at Family Video last weekend. Yes, it is decently early in the day for a quick review, but with it being my birthday, we will be having dinner at my mother’s house this afternoon and I have no idea what time we will be home. The last flick was pretty much the opposite of the other stuff I picked up, it was the 2011 Australian import (underground funded) The Tunnel from 2011.


Plot/ An investigation into a government cover-up leads to a network of abandoned train tunnels deep beneath the heart of Sydney. As a journalist and her crew hunt for the story it quickly becomes clear the story is hunting them.


For me, this Australian indie hand-cam docudrama style flick is definitely one of the best entries in this genre. Yes, it is not perfect, suffering from some poor pacing, strange plot development, little blood, guts, and some small editing issues. However, there is a great deal of solid acting, outstanding sound and the atmosphere seem genuine and creepy (I would definitely not want to be stuck there). In the end, this was a very entertaining and atmospheric trip into darkness and very enjoyable. If you are fan of found-footage mockumentaries, you should truly enjoy this one. If you do not like that sort of thing, stay away.

Comments

  1. Yay for The Tunnel, one of my favorite movies of 2011 and also one of my favorite found footage flicks.
    Nice review!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)