Resident Evil: Extinction (2007)



Tonight was productive in a manner of speaking, I got a bingo kit complete with daubers and trolls as a retirement gift from the daughters and I finished two OOAK zombies that I will eventually get online. Awesome…  So, as I sit here watching a marathon of the television show Oddities, I decided to continue my journey through the realm of Resident Evil. My last review for the evening is on the third installment of the franchise, 2007s, Resident Evil: Extinction.


Plot/ Survivors of the Raccoon City catastrophe travel across the Nevada desert, hoping to make it to Alaska. Alice joins the caravan and their fight against the evil Umbrella Corp.


This, the third installment, was actually another decent entry in this series, seemingly combining the finer points of the first two flicks and creating a surprisingly good sequel. There are some similarities between the movies so far, the ever-changing story is backed by awesome scenery, the acting is solid and honestly, this one had a lot of interesting and well done special effects. If there was one downfall, it was that this one truly lacked detailed characterization, with important details of the group’s background being left out. As I have said before, I never played the video games, so that info could be inherent, but I would never know. In the end, this was an entertaining flick that sits just a notch below the first two in my eyes. If you haven’t seen this sequel, check it out.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)