Saw 3D: The Final Chapter (2010)



I will admit that next to Jason and the Friday the 13th franchise, Jigsaw and the Saw come in a close second. Honestly, in some ways, they are even better. After all, they do provide inspirational quotes and positive thoughts to everyone involved. I ask you, what is the main theme? To live or die, the choice is yours, is what always comes to mind when I think of the movies. How could you get more positive than that? With those thoughts in mind, I decided to start my Saw reviews with the last installment tonight Saw 3D: The Final Chapter.


Plot/ As a deadly battle rages over Jigsaw's brutal legacy, a group of Jigsaw survivors gathers to seek the support of self-help guru and fellow survivor Bobby Dagen, a man whose own dark secrets unleash a new wave of terror.


I remember the uproar when this came out about how it wasn’t close to what it could have (should have) been, and I agree that the film definitely feels rushed. However, the pacing, gore and even storyline work well within these confines and produces an entertaining little flick. The acting is uneven, and even some of the traps become laughable or over-played, but that does not ruin the flick. Honestly, I was saddened to see the franchise come to an end, but that end was well overdue. This groundbreaking franchise opened a lot of eyes, and created such a stir that it deserved a better ending. While far from the best sequel in the series, I did not find it the worst and actually enjoyed quite a bit of it. In the end, I think Saw fans should watch it just to see how some of the storyline comes together, it may not be the perfect send-off, but there are some interesting elements that answered a lot of questions.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)