Black Death (2010)



Although I thought I was going to stay in the realm of low budget, B Movie Sci-Fi and Horror, I decided to change up when I stumbles upon Black Death on Netflix.


Plot/ Set during the time of the first outbreak of bubonic plague in England, a young monk is tasked with learning the truth about reports of people being brought back to life in a small village.


I remember seeing an article on Black Death in Rue Morgue Magazine and was definitely excited when I saw it on Netflix. While I was unsure on what to expect, what I found was a pleasant surprise. While this flick may have some historical inaccuracies, those are easily overlooked. This is a very well-paced and complex flick that in the end challenges the viewer to look differently at history. The storyline, script and acting are solid, the cinematography adds creepiness throughout and the action and effects are all better than average. In the end, this movie does a great job at blending the constant battle between the church and witchcraft and truly makes you think of things from different perspectives. Yes, this is more psychological and historical than the typical gorefest, but it is definitely an enjoyable journey into the supernatural that can be enjoyed by an array of viewers. Check this one out!

Comments

  1. I really liked this. Chris Smith is improving with each successive film...

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great adventure movie with plenty of action, certainly not intended to be a true historical fiction, but rather enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)