Plasterhead (2006)

With my Sci Fi / Steampunk thirst quenched this weekend, I decided to jump back into my comfort zone. My selection for yesterday evening was the 2006 low budget flick, Plasterhead.

 
Plot/ Every town has a local legend. Not all of them are deadly. Headed to Miami to celebrate winter break, a group of four college students from New Jersey take a detour into the bowels of rural West Virginia. There, the unwitting friends uncover a grotesque legend that stains the fabric of Rolling Glen, a sleepy backwoods town.


I absolutely love independent and low budget horror! Yes, there is usually a slew of problems that go with the flicks and this one is no different. The acting, pacing and storyline are all uneven, as are some of the locations that just do not fit. And yes, some of the make-up and effects suffer from the low budget. However, this film does boast some tremendous camera work, atmosphere and cinematographic excellence. Honestly, this is a beautifully shot flick. In the end, I doubt I sit through this one again. It had its moments, it definitely had potential and I have seen much worse, but there really wasn’t anything special. I honestly would have liked to see what could have been done with a bigger budget.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)