The Naked Witch (1961)


After taking a few days off from blogging, I decided to just back into it with something a little different. My selection was The Naked Witch from Something Weird Video.


Plot/ A student researching the German settlements of Central Texas unearths the grave of a reputed witch. The witch (who happens to be both beautiful and naked) rises from her grave and embarks on a campaign of seduction and murder against the descendants of her persecutors. It's up to the student to stop her bloody reign of terror-if he can resist the seductive powers of her evil beauty.


If you have read my blog, you know that I am a fan of weird and strange B Movies, and honestly, I find that Something Weird Video is awesome. However, this entry from their catalogue left a lot to be desired. Don’t get me wrong, there were some good points (especially considering the budget) like the setting and some of the camera work, but that does little to make-up for the bad. The plot holes, acting and seriously over narrated plot/story definitely take a toll, even with a runtime of a little over an hour. If it were a documentary, I may have enjoyed it more, but it is not a documentary and it was not on the History Channel. Watch at your own risk.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)