Star Wars (1977)



I was thinking about what to watch tonight, so I could do another review, when one of my daughters asked if she could watch Star Wars. For the life of me, I swore they had already watched every episode, guess not. So, although there is not much more I can add, my review tonight with be the classicStar Wars.


Plot/ Part IV in a George Lucas epic, Star Wars: A New Hope opens with a rebel ship being boarded by the tyrannical Darth Vader. The plot then follows the life of a simple farmboy, Luke Skywalker, as he and his newly met allies (Han Solo, Chewbacca, Ben Kenobi, C-3PO, R2-D2) attempt to rescue a rebel leader, Princess Leia, from the clutches of the Empire. The conclusion is culminated as the Rebels, including Skywalker and flying ace Wedge Antilles make an attack on the Empires most powerful and ominous weapon, the Death Star.


As everyone surely knows, this movie may have made cinema what it is today. In many ways, it did a remarkable job taking the typical fairy tale and turning it into an epic that will stand the test of time. It had it all, a love story, good versus evil, and more importantly a modern social twist of what society was going through at the time. The cinematography, soundtrack, acting and effects were tremendous, and the plot was even better. I will never forget being a small boy and hoping to someday live in a world exactly like what I had experienced, I swear I listened to that record hundreds of times trying to put myself into the vision. While this is not my favorite entry in the series (that would be The Empire Strikes Back), this is and remains an important movie in my life by demonstrating what a creative mind can accomplish when given a chance. This is a true CLASSIC and one that should be enjoyed by everyone for generations to come.


Comments

  1. Nice post Mark.
    Star Wars is a film that had a big impact on me as a child too,I actually won some free tickets to go to a screening of it and it's an experience I've never forgotten.
    Thanks for bringing back some happy memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. jervaise brooke hamsterFebruary 17, 2014 at 7:40 PM

    I want to bugger Carrie Fisher (as the bird was in 1974 when the bird was 18, not as the bird is now obviously)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)