Return to Horror High (1987)



While waiting up tonight, I stumbled onto Return to Horror High. I remember this movie well, and seeing it again was an awesome experience (although seeing it at the drive-in was a blast.) The 1980s are a great era, and I honestly believe they are unfairly ridiculed at times


Plot/ A few years ago, a mysterious serial-killer caused panic on Crippen High School. The killer was never caught. A movie company, Cosmic Pictures, has decided to make a feature movie about these events - on location, at the now abandoned school. Since members of cast and crew disappear without a trace, it seems as if history is repeating itself...


Its funny, I felt as if I were stepping back in time when I saw this on tonight, and I couldn’t wait. It is hard to believe that it has been over 20 years since I saw this the first time, and now I remember where I saw the Scream idea before Scream. Yes, the movie was full of the 80s (typical soundtrack, etc.) but there were some really good parts of the film; the characters were develop, the storyline was solid and the sets were decent. Unfortunately, the directing and editing left a bit to be desired. All in all, this is a great movie to watch and remember 1980s horror, in many ways, it was just fun with some splatter and blood!

Comments

  1. Great post. This is a fun little movie, one which I have watched a few times. The title always threw me off though when I was younger because for the longest time I thought it must be a sequel, and searched movie stores like crazy hoping to find the first one (this was before the Internet was helpful in such situations). Eventually I learned it was a stand alone movie.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)