Contact (Short)



Drugs, nudity, gore, psychotronic violence... All elements that I love to find when watching a movie. To me, those are the things I see when I write and hopefully, someday get to film. Recently, I had a chance to witness a film of this nature, the short film Contact directed by Jeremiah Kipp and it was more than I could have imagined.

In fact, I was blown away by this short and the twists put into 10 minutes, it was amazing. Contact is full of imagery and atmosphere, with a perfect soundtrack that along with black and white filming only adding to the overall qualities. The effects, the cinematography and the storyline are all solid with a very surreal energy running throughout the movie making it much more than most horror shorts out there today. This is definitely a must see if you get the chance! If interested check it out here.


Comments

  1. I checked out this film and was also impressed by the cinematography!!! Choosing black and white for this film definitely made the film. It added an aspect to the film that would have been missing if the film was in color. However, I would have one criticism of the film. While it is only 11+ minutes long, it left many questions unanswered. I believe this is done deliberately, however, it is still frustrating not be drawn into this film so effectively and be left with so many questions.

    Overall, I would agree with you that this is a must-see!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)